The Government is reviewing a number of rules that control the use of agrichemicals.
These changes include:
- The transfer of class 1-8 substances from HSNO into the Health & Safety @ Work Act (Administered by WorksafeNZ)>
- The removal of the requirement to hold Approved Handler for many agrichemical users.
- The proposal to remove rules covering hazardous substances from the RMA (The RMA Amendment Bill).
- The establishment of new EPA Notices covering class 9A (ecotoxic substances).
- The possibility that Councils may progressively remove agrichemical rules from their regional plans.
Many of the training and certification requirements for agrichemical users will changes as a result of these new rules.
For more information, download the PDF Update Document.